We are currently seeking a Welder at our Rite-Way Fencing (2000) Inc. Lethbridge, AB welding and fabrication facility to perform all kinds of cutting, notching, welding and fabrication of any type of metal utilizing gas and electric welding equipment.
This is a role that will evolve to fit the needs of our growing company. The candidate will need to be highly motivated and thrive in a fast paced environment. This individual will need to be detail orientated and a strong problem solver while working closely with various members of our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be proficient in weld process Mig as well as occasionally operate an Oxy/Acetylene torch.
- Use burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut materials to size and shape.
- Performs work requiring knowledge of the welding properties of various types of metals, welding heats, stress relief, allowances for fit up, effects of shrinkage, warpage and expansion.
- Accurately read and interpret drawings, calculate material requirements with cut lists and plan details of working procedure.
- Select materials and tools in accordance with suitability of project.
- Competent with use of grinders, drills, chop saws, band saws, and other common tools for fabrication.
- You will be able to accurately layout, cut and notch pipe for welding with project completion in an allotted period of time.
- Cleans and prepares surface to be welded as required, tack weld parts and constructing special fixtures as needed
- Build up worn or defective parts such as augers, minor trailer repairs and other in house equipment needs.
- Assist less experienced personnel with work methods, work habits and performance.
- Perform other associated duties as assigned by management.
- Strong custom fabrication and problem solving skills
- Ability to think “outside of the box” while working on special projects.
- Must be able to delegate duties of associates between manufacturing and gate fabbing department
- Must have strong written and verbal skills with the ability to follow written and verbal instructions. (ENGLISH)
- Physically able to lift 50 lbs, do repetitive tasks and be able to concentrate on detailed work for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to problem solve and have the ability to trouble shoot.
- Must have pronounced importance as a self-motivated individual.
- Exercise all safety precautions and make provisions for handling material and equipment.
- Keeps work area clean
- Notifies appropriate personnel of any procedural abnormalities
- Observes and follows all safety rules and regulations
- Must possess a Journeyman Welder Certificate or minimum 1st Year Wire Process Operator Certification.
- CWB ticket would be an asset.
- Safety Training would be an asset but will train.
- Fork Lift certification would be an asset but will train.
- First Aid certification would be an asset but will train.
- Minimum 5 year related employment history.
Special Conditions of Employment
**All applicants must be legally able to work in Canada without sponsorship **